Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Bumblebee syndrome

No, it's not a guitar stand[1]. At least, that's not the case analyzed by this post. :-)

You must have had at least one occasion when someone you knew chose to display a song as their mood or their attitude toward something you've done. It's so much easier to make use of this subterfuge rather than speak for themselves. I suppose it's the lack of self confidence and strength that motivate one into doing something like this. For there is no whole song lyrics to really represent all you feel, sense, mean or think. Yet they do it and when that happens, they cast a shroud of uncertainty and confusion around them, ethereal from their perspective yet opaque from outside. One senses that something is not right, yet when asked, they will just lock up and will not provide a reasonable answer, or they'll claim those are not their words, but mere lyrics. Call it paranoia if you like, yet consider the case of a so called Passive Aggressive individual, although I totally despise labels.

It's a blow to their very self, since not confronting their demons only strengthens their weaknesses and halts them in their self development. The worst case is a person whom indulges her/him -self into this situation and doesn't really show any interest into crawling out of it. I suppose it's easier for the organism to keep on bleeding and therefor weaken as time goes by, instead of mobilizing the metabolism into healing mode.

The name comes from a cute Autobot[2], which makes a nifty example for how this syndrome manifests[3].

Essential trait...
* Cowardice. Here's a definition for it. As a quote there claims:
"I cannot do this. This is too much for me. I shall ruin myself if I take this risk. I cannot take the leap, it's impossible. All of me will be gone if I do this, and I cling to myself'" [J.N.Figgis]

I keep hearing those words, same form or another... It is probably true and most likely that is indeed what's inside their mind and heart, but that attitude only stalls a person's development. All I can suggest is an attempt to get out of the trench one is in and move on. "Grow up or die", as Bill Maher states in Religulous. Only considered as a logical statement, that's exactly what happens anyway, one will eventually grow up out of the self they clang to for so long or die, once their time is up. My only issue is this: why wait? You know what waiting means (see my blog description).

OR I am wrong about everything. It's all about the perspective, in the end, so... Maybe I am totally off the course. Perhaps I really don't deserve to have my opinions known by the others around me. :-)

Good luck and good hunting!



Theme song...
* Video

Should you have not known about...
1. Ultimate Support Guitar Stand
2. Original character
3. Syndrome symptom showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment